Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my washing machine squeaks during spin cycles. does it need

my washing machine squeaks during spin cycles. does it need oiling and can we do this ourselves?
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker under the lid or around the door please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing is coming up on my system for that model number, could you look again please, the model number will start with letters followed by numbers, the serial number will be on the same sticker either under the lid, at the rear of the control console or if a front load machine around the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought this machine in 1988.

the Model # XXXXX XXXXX Series 04, Serial No. 433333VA

Ok the most common cause of this problem is a worn pump baring, Pull the machine from the wall, tilt it back so it rests against the wall then slide under the machine and check the belts. If as I suspect the belts are good then take the belts off then turn the pump manually, if the pump makes any kind of noise this is your problem.

Click here to order the new pump

There is also a repair video on the same link that will show you how to do the repair.

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

after my husband checks this out, I will do our rating.

We do understand that your rating is not based on good or bad news nor on our ability to follow your recommendations. I am surprised you feel the need to state this.

You would be amazed at the amount of customers who get mad at me because their appliance is broken and is going to cost allot of money to be repaired. :(

Ok the pump or the main drive pulley will be your problem, Most commonly the pump.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What a thankless job you have! I've heard that dealing with the public is the toughest job in the world and it sounds like you can prove it.

Thank you for your guidance. I'll go ahead and finish the rating now.

Thanks Karen, please feel free to come back at any time for additional assistance if needed :)