Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Bosch Model SHU8805UC/14. Smelled a burning smell

We have a Bosch Model SHU8805UC/14. Smelled a burning smell during wash cycle , water left in bottom of dishwasher and now the dishwasher will not come on. No lights when you push the power on button. Checked circuit breaker and tried 3 second reset but still nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

First, there are no reset buttons or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced.

With the burner smell you were getting, either the control board or the junction box shorting out are known to cause this issue, but the junction box behind the kick plate is much more common.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I see this question is still open and you haven't rated me, is there anything else I can help you with today?