Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do you change a bulb in a Whirlpool Gold microwave oven

How do you change a bulb in a Whirlpool Gold microwave oven ?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I don't know of a manual that explains or shows how to change the light bulb out, but it's NOT easy. You must first turn the circuit breaker off. Then you need to remove all the screws going into the plastic vent panel just below the control panel (above the microwave). Next, remove the screws going into the vent BELOW the microwave. The vent below the microwave will then pull forward and off. Now you can see 3 screws going into the feet of the microwave mounting the microwave to the frame of the oven. Remove these screws. You can then reach under the microwave, grab the bottom and pull the entire microwave out about 10 inches or so. That will allow you to replace the light bulb above the microwave.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the first step to remove a microwave unit from a Whirlpool gold accubake ? Are the screws from the stainless steel front to be removed?

There are no screws going into the stainless steel front that need to be removed. You just remove the screws going into the vent panel below the control panel (above the microwave). Then open the oven door below the microwave and remove the screws going into the vent panel below the microwave. That bottom vent panel will then pull off. That will expose 2 screws going into the feet of the microwave below the microwave. Remove these 2 screws and then the microwave will pull forward and out a ways. The top vent panel may pull off when you pull the microwave forward, but the point of removing the screws is to give you enough wiggle room to pull the microwave forward.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, I will try it.

good luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was able to pull it out. Its difficult to read the numbers on the bulb, would the part number or bulb number be in the manual ?

Probably not but the part number you need is W10440740.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

no problem.