Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Hi - I have a Whirlpool Quiet Parner V dishwasher and the inside

Hi - I have a Whirlpool Quiet Parner V dishwasher and the inside of the dishwasher is dirty. Specifically, there is black stuff under the utensil tray that hangs on the door, it accumulates black stuff at the bottom of the dishwasher closest to the door, around the detergent holder and on the sides and back right below the top rack.

We run a full load of dishes once per day. Once a week, i clean the parts at the bottom that are removable. The silver u shaped thing and the filter that twists out. We use Finish detergent and jet dry finishing agent. I have washed the dishwasher empty with a bowl of white vinegar. I have purchased those cleaner bottles that you run in the empty dishwasher. These work for about a day. We have also washed out the hose that connects between the dishwasher and the sink drain.

Question - are we using the wrong detergent? not washing the dishes enough prior to putting them in there? or should we try some other cleaning agents more frequently?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today....Are you on a well for your water supply by chance..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, public water

Ok Great Ann Thanks for that information..When we come across this problem on a job site the first product we use is called Affresh..We have used only this product as it works the best..There is also a option to use in your washing machine...Another point is to use a powder detergent as the liquid forms a scum like coating the internals of the dishwasher..First obtain the affresh Product..Use the product then switch to a powder if you have not already..CLICK HERE FOR AFFRESH Also i would hope that you would rate my answer to you at "OK" or greater for my time helping you on your problem so that i may be credited through the system today..If you do have any further questions i will be standing by..Thank You Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we have only been using powder detergents - good to know that we should not use liquid detergent

Yes the liquid products create a scum type film..The powder gives more of a slight abrasive cleaning on all parts of the washer..I think you will be very happy with the results of the Affresh..It can be purchased at Lowes Etc. Also..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you -we will try the Affresh - how often should we use it? once a month or as needed?

You Are very welcome..You can use the Affresh as often as needed..Goodluck on your fix also .Thank You for Leaving a rating to my answer..Bob