Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi: My Jetclean EQ Plus dishwasher worked fine running through

Customer Question

Hi:
My Jetclean EQ Plus dishwasher worked fine running through a cycle to clean dirty dishes yesterday. Today, I loaded it, put in detergent, closed & latched the door, pushed the "Normal Wash" button, and nothing happened. What might be the most likely causes, the best way I could diagnose them, and potential solution? (P.S.: My wife thinks that last cycle our daughter may have put in some plates with excessive food still on them, and she wonders if that might have clogged the dishwasher, thus producing this problem.
Thanks - Jeff
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can I get a full model number to better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. Also, are there no lights or any indication of life on the control panel right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi: The model number is XXXXX And, there are no lights of any kind lit on the control panel, nor any other indication of life.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
First, there are no reset buttons or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a lik to the control board you'd need to order for this model.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I see this question is still open and you haven't rated me, is there anything else I can help you with today?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi: I had to run a couple of errands. Now, I have turned off the power, removed the kickplate, opened the box with the wire connections, and used a multimeter to test it. I removed two wire screws (one on white sheathed wires, one on black), and found that one set (from the power source, I assume) seems to have a voltage of about 120. The other set of wires seems to have little voltage - maybe 10 or so (although I'm not sure I really know how to use the multimeter). I think my conclusion is that there is power to the dishwasher. None of the wires seem to be melted or damaged. Around the floor under the dishwasher, there seem to be mouse droppings - so I guess its possible that a mouse has caused some damage...

I guess my next step would be to by the control board you suggest - although I wonder whether I could install it myself easily and correctly, and I wonder whether there is some other place where a simple problem might exist short of the control board (I haven't pulled the dishwasher all the way out from under the counter... but I wonder if a mouse could have chewed through wiring between the 3x3 wire box and the control board? If so, I'd hate to order a $235 control board when it might be a simple wire in between. If you are online, do you have any advice? Otherwise, I think I will pull the dishwasher the rest of the way out from under the counter, see if I can identify any mouse-damage, and if not, then order the control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've now doublechecked that the proper circuit breaker is off, found zero volts on the multimeter, pulled the dishwasher out, and not found any evidence of damage caused by a mouse. I looked at our records and found that the dishwasher is 12 years old. My conclusion is that I would probably rather pay $400+ installation for a new dishwasher rather than pay $230 to try to repair one that is 12 years old (without certainty that the control board will solve the problem). What do you think - should I replace it, or attempt to repair?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you can afford to replace it, then I would definitely just go ahead and replace it. That being said, the control board will fix the issue if you're sure it's getting power----and if not, that is why I gave you a link to Repairclinic.com. They are one of the few companies that will actually allow you to return control boards without questions.