Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

ge1200 dishwasher just put in new door seal and rubbers on

Customer Question

ge1200 dishwasher just put in new door seal and rubbers on rt< side i am sure there in right. water builds up to about 2in then starts to come out the bottem of door. when i press reset water drains out ok???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

if the water is getting 2 inches deep, it sunds like you're getting too much water inside the dishwasher. Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? The model should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK so if your dishwasher is filling with too much water, it means that your float switch isn't cutting the water off. Open the door and remove the bottom rack. In the front left corner is the float switch. Remove the cover and lift up and down on the float switch to make sure it's not sticking. Remove the kick panel below the door and make sure the switch that the float activates is making contact and it's clicking. Start the dishwasher again and if you still have issues and the float isn't raising, replace the float. if the float is raising but it continues to fill, replace the switch.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.