Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Kemore double oven 911.41885890 I replaced the Main

I have a Kemore double oven 911.41885890 I replaced the Main control board due to selection issue on keypad and F7 code. Replaced with wb27t10287 the new board does not have the hook up for ground that I can see. Know I am having an issue with the ovens stayin on after the unit is shut off. I feel this is a grounding issue. I threw away the instructions that came with the new board already I didnt see anything about relocating the ground. Is it possilbe thats the issue or is it possible that the oven has its neutrual wired wrong into the unit it is hard wired and it wasn't done by me so not sure if its correct. All the other functions of the oven work just the issue of it staying on after the unit has been turned off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! The F7 error code means an issue with the touch pad, not the main control. When the oven is shut off, does the display show that it is shut off while the elements continue to heat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah I also replaced the touch pad. yeah it apears to be off.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, if it is still heating when the control shows it being off, the relay(s) for the element(s) that are staying on are closed, which is a problem with the control, not a neutral or grounding issue. I would request a new control under warranty from the retailer you purchased it from. Where did you buy the control from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

then what should I do with that ground wire that used to be there. I am getting weird voltages just like when someone wires the neutural wrong. I have to be 100% if I tell this guy his control board is bad right after I replaced it. There is no way its a wiring issue? I bought it from well I typically buy my parts from fox atlanta but this was on back order and needed it before Thanksgiving so I order it from http://www.appliance-parts-experts.com/WB27T10287-Range-Electronic-Clock-Kit_p_1702.html?gclid=CNCYouORz7MCFQ45nAodO2oARQ.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why would every all the relays stay closed? I have never seen all the relays fail at once.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do both the bake and broil elements stay red hot? Does it cycle normally when you bake and only fail when it shuts off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah its cycles in between bake and broil when on I am not sure I got called after I left guys house. I am going back out today but wanted to get a second opinion this thing has been a pain

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, there is only one thing that is going to keep the power to the elements, and that is if the relays stay closed, in which case the elements will get red hot and if they are grounded, which will keep them warm, but they would not work if that was the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on the way back out there now ccustomer Says the elements are just getting warm and not Red Hot and he can still get function out of the control
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would a lemonade the ground connection on the new board
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The ground wire has been eliminated because the new control has no metal, it is a plastic housing. The instructions state the following...

Would you like the instruction sheet to take back with you?

The new control may not have a GND terminal for the green wire. On models with steel control panels,the ground wire must remain connected to the Clock Bracket. The terminal for the control must be taped or tucked under the clock bracket before re-assembly. On models with plastic control panels, the green wire should be removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any thing i can check to be 100% its the control and not a wiring issue. I hear the relays click in on ad off
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, when it is off, see if the elements are indeed receiving voltage. One side of the element is fed through L2 at the terminal block, the other side is fed from the relays on the board. If the elements are picking up a ground from a short to the cabinet, they will heat a little. With the control off, test between each element terminal for voltage, you should show 0 VAC. With the power off, test between each element terminal to ground for no continuity, infinite resistance. You should have absolutely no contact between ground and each element terminal. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting 19 mil ohms from all power leads from relays to ground?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Testing with the wires connected, though?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I will isolate. Also getting 43v ac w from yellow to ground with power on and control off. When control is on I am getting 183v ac threw ground and yellow on both bake elements and when I isolate and cut power still getting about 20 mil ohms from yellow to ground
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Test the main voltage coming into the oven, between red and black. Do you read 240 VAC? Also, test between white and black and white and red for 120 VAC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
246v between red and black 122 between red or black and ground. 78v between white and ground
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry its 43 from red to ground and 199 between black and ground
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You have something shorted somewhere. What is the voltage between red and white and black and white?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
What is the voltage between red and white and black and white?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pulled the unit and disconected it at the wall to find a poor ground connection but know that I am messuring voltage at the wall I am getting 122v between black and white and red and white but I am only getting 89v between red and ground and 140v between black abd ground
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
How about between red and black? You have power supply issues in the house supply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
246v . So what do you suggest
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Unless you are an electrician, I would refer your customer to an electrician. You have shown that, beyond any doubt, there is an issue with the power supply. Since it involves the grounding system, this is a huge safety hazard. The customer needs to get an electrician out right away. I would not recommend you getting involved in it any deeper beyond that you have clearly shown the issue is not with your work.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!