Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a maytag model #mbf2254heq the freezer (on bottom)is

i have a maytag model #mbf2254heq
the freezer (on bottom)is working perfectly
the fridg on top is warm
i do not have any air flow coming out of tunnel in rear
i sut off last night and let sit over night....there is very little flow now
but still not fixed
i trid running snakedown back of fridge und up seems clear
any ideas?..........PETE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open up the freezer door, do you hear a fan running inside the freezer? If the fan is running it will be much louder when the door is opened as opposed to closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes fan is running

but realy no air flow to top fridg

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so this means taht you likely have frost build up behind the back panel inside the freezer stopping the air from going to the refrigerator from the freezer. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the frost out behind this panel and then the air should flow properly again. The bigger problem is what caused your unit to not defrost anymore. There is now a defrost kit with a new control board and some other components to prevent this from happening again. It comes with instructions and below is a link to the kit you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks......thats what i thought....like i said i did shut down over night

today when i turned back on i showed 30 degrees at top blower outlet but air flow was weak

unit is only 5 or6 yrs old and always worked great

do you thing after i defrost his will happen again?

PETE

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
yes, the issue will come back likely in a month or two. But overnight it's enough to remove all the frost. Unplugging the unit for 12 hours will only thaw it out enough to let SOME air pass through.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks you are right i just finished taking back panel off and it is all iced up

i just blew the fuse with the two hair driers..............

any way thank y ou

i will be geting the part you recomended

next weekends project

only one minor complaint ...the what time between answers,but i know thats not you great job!! PETE

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and if you need anything else, please just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I see this question is still open and you haven't rated me, is there anything else I can help you with today?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.