Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Jenn-Air microwave has error code E 21, then it shuts off.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is your microwave actually heating or will it not run and heat?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It will run for a few seconds, shut off and show the E 21 error code. Most of the time if you clear and repeat it will go ahead and work properly until the next time we go to use it.

OK I asked because this error means that your magnetron isn't pulling power which stops the unit from heating. Unfortunately that means that the magnetron inside the microwave will need to be ordered and replaced. It's quite a process to replace this part because the microwave must be uninstalled and the entire outer shell of the microwave removed so that you can replace the part. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to fix this issue.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I find instructions for replacement or is it pretty simple once the microwave has been removed and he cover taken off?

It's fairly straight forward once you remove the cover, but unfortunately there are no instructions really for these microwaves. Once you have the part in hand and remove the outer shell, you'll see the magnetron which is mounted by 4 bolts. Be sure to wear rubber gloves and unplug the microwave when replacing the magnetron.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds good. Thank You very much.

no problem and good luck.