John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Would you have a wiring diagram for a Samsung HVF-18SE(L.W)

Customer Question

Would you have a wiring diagram for a Samsung HVF-18SE(L.W) 3 speed fan motor?

120V 60HZ with 250VAC 10 MFD capacitor S/N DG-014319

Upon energizing, the rotor 'locks'. Have changed the capacitor but no luck.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am ok to wait...

Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Best,

Gina~Moderator
Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 4 years ago.
What is this motor in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It goes in a floor/room fan made by Lakewood. Lakewood has been auctioned off to a company in China. I have bought a couple of other similar fans but they are noisy by comparison. I have tried to find complete motors. I have tried to put the Lakewood fan blade on one of the other motors but the shaft sizes are different. So, I decided to check into why the original fan is not working. I wrote down the wire positions before taking it apart so I don't 'think' the problem is there. It has a 250v 10mfd capacitor for the start. I tried changing that but no luck. When energized, the rotor 'locks' and can't be turned by hand. Otherwise, when the power is off, it turns easily. I am suspicious of the starter winding, but all the coils ring out and none are grounded. So I'm wondering if I actually do have a couple wires in the wrong position. That was the reason for asking for the wiring diagram. L1, lets say, goes straight through the switch, the thermal fuse, and on to the coil winding set. The capacitor also connects to L1and a separate winding in the coil set. L2 connects to the switch and is for the different speeds.

I'll see what I can find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, I appreciate it...