Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidaire microwave PLMV169DCD and there was a loud

I have a Frigidaire microwave PLMV169DCD and there was a loud pop and then sounded "grumbly". Stopped heating food. So I replaced the magnetron, (myself).
Back up and running, looks, sounds fine, but still not heating food.
Any ideas?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a multimeter that can read micro ferads by chance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a multimeter, but no micro ferads. For checking the capacitor?

Aye, for checking the capacitor. So if you can't test the capacitor, you are down to a choice. You either have a failed high voltage diode or a failed capacitor. You can't really test the diode, but it's much cheaper and much more likely the part that fails when the magnetron shorts out. I'd replace the diode first and if you still have problems, then replace the capacitor.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.