Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Advantium 120 model SCA1001HSS01. The oven fan runs

I have an Advantium 120 model SCA1001HSS01. The oven fan runs when the door is closed, like it does if the oven gets too hot. I have pulled the plug and re-plugged it in. I did notice that the bottom pin of the 2 latch pins that hold the door closed is broken. The bottom pins seems to push a switch on the oven frame when it latches. Does not seem like that could be a cause but thought I would mention it. Do you know what the cause might be. It will take at least a week to get someone out to look at it and then I am sure weeks to get a part. thanks rsr
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Actually, that broken pin IS the problem. If one of your 3 door switches isn't activated at the same time as the other two, you will get this problem with the microwave running. Now, it's not actually heating just so you know so it's not a danger. But the microwave will not work until you replace the broken latch prong. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order.

CLICK HERE

Now it's not easy to get inside the door to replace this latch, but below is a video of a Whilrpool microwave that shows you this process and it is the same process you need to go about to replacing this latch.

CLICK HERE for video

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.