Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

We have a whirlpool model LSQ9010PW3, the control knob sometimes

We have a whirlpool model LSQ9010PW3, the control knob sometimes processes the cycle properly, sometimes not.
Now it doesn't seem to work at all. Timer replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

If you set the timer into a cycle (any cycle) will the machine operate but the timer not advance to the next cycle?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, nothing happens, for awhile,'til it went into permanently not working, it would sometimes work correctly

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hank the lid switch is bad or weak and not making contact. If the machine thinks the lid is open it will not send power to the timer and the timer will then not send power to the motor.

I have linked the lid switch below, also the second link if you will scroll to the bottom right of the page there is a video that shows how to get the case off so you can access the switch.

If you find my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave a rating.

Part here:www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/8054980/722578?RCAID=1000064

Video here:www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Coupling/285753A/1195967?RCAID=1000064

If you need to reply please use the reply to link.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The answer is probably correct, but we don't know until the part is replaced. Is the switch something that a regular service / repair shop could come and replace?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Yes you could also do it yourself. Its not a difficult job to do. The video shows 3 different styles and yours would be one of the styles shown. It does show everything except how to clip the wire on under the case and fitting the plug in the hole. Its a common part to break and any reputable supplier or repair shop should have one in stock.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha, but I do not find the video on how to remove the case, the video I received says part detail/motor coupling, I think if I knew how to remove the case, I'd be a happy camper.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Correct in order to get to the coupling you need to remove the washer case. Thats as far as you need to go with the video. The switch connector is pointed out right before the case removal. Its the only connector there is to disconnect. That is the part.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Barry G--if I can get this to work, then your replies have been very good, timely, polite etc. Is there a way I can tell you of my outcome? hank

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes you can return for 30 days to ask followup questions and as far as I know (which is 5 years) your question will be here always for you to read. So bookmark this page or save it to your favorites depending on your browser. Click the link and it should bring you right here.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hank again--got the part(NNN) NNN-NNNNSwitch-Lid, opened the case, and the installed part is not the same as the one I bought to replace it. Installed switchhas the octgonal lead on the end of the 3 connections, the new part has the octagonal connection in the middle of the 3. Won't, is there another Lid Switch?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

Yes there is another one, I am truly sorry I made a mistake. (NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong> is the part number.

Barry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We're good to go with the correct switch-thanks---hank it works!

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Good Deal. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX making the mistake Hank. I must have typed the model in incorrectly. I do the best I can to not make mistakes but sometimes I do.

I appreciate the opportunity to help, Thank you. If it happens you have a followup question within the next 30 days my normal hours are 8 to 8 eastern time.

You folks have a nice weekend,
Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Hank its Barry, I wanted to check in and ask how is your washer doing?

If you get time today please let me know.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Barry, I did not realize that you had requested an update, just went to this bookmark today, and found your last request for info on how it went. It went well until today, and now the same thing is going on, tub fills, set cycle, nothing happens. When I lift the lid, I can hear the lid switch, but could it have broken again so soon. We put the cycle knob on each option, and nothing happens. Shouls we start again? hank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

update while I was waiting, I took the control panel cover off. to be ready. I saw a tube connected to one of the controls. so I blew on it, closed the cover, plugged it in, and it started. hold your thought 'til I button up the machine and run it through a cycle. I will let you know asap. hank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

update

it won't go through a cycle, timer made noise, opened the top, it wnet off and nothing. Thoughts, please hank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

update

update I went back to the lid switch, and even though it has been fine for a few moths, it seems to be loose in its designed position. I can resolve it I think a cycle is in progress now. Don't do any thinking for now hank

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Hank, give me a few minutes to catch up with our conversation. I have been out making calls.

Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hank thats good news let me know. If you get time could you please rate my answer. Give me a shout, I will be nearby most of the day, I have a couple of calls but I do not expect they will take too much time.

Take care,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.