Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Fisher Paykel E373 Fridge and we have had to switch

We have a Fisher Paykel E373 Fridge and we have had to switch it off due to the door alarm constantly beeping. It all started when the light globe blew as the door was opened (the door alarm started to beep continually). We replaced the light globe but the light globe doesnt come on and the door alarm continues to beep non stop. Is there a way to stop the alarm from beeping or to fix the issue
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The door switch is faulty and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok if it needs to be replaced how in the meantime do I stop the fridge from beeping besides turning off the fridge

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You may be able to remove the wires from the switch and tape them together, depending on the connectors on the ends of the wires.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX mean the wires that are located where the globe is - inside top of fridge? The wires in there clip onto a terminal which runs to a copper type reed. When you push the large round plastic button (which the door normally does when it closes) the copper reed connection is broken. I have taped the plastic button so that the reed circuit is open i.e. thinks the door is closed but no luck. Or do you mean the wires in the plastic container at the rear bottom of the fridge, if so I have an electrician who could disable them.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
When the door is closed, the connection is opened to the light. When it opens, the connection is closed to apply power to the light. If the switch is not opening the circuit, it thinks the door is open. Are you seeing the switch circuit open when you tape the button in? If so, the control is not reading the circuit properly, which is not a common failure, but possible. If that is the case, the control will need to be replaced.