Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a ge harmony profile front load electric dryer. It is

I have a ge harmony profile front load electric dryer. It is bout 5 years old has worked fine no prior problems. Suddenly it quits working acts like it is not plugged in which it is. I looked on line and someone said it probably is a 3 inch by 2 inch or so white square part that lies under the control panel. I removed the panel and replaced the part. Plugged the dryer back in and it worked just fine for two loads and then did the same thing again.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the full model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model number: DPGT750EC1PL

I see Bryan has opted out .
I will try to assist you .
When it shuts off how do you get it to come back on ?
And do you have a part number to the (white square ) you replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

part number: 6200jb8010H

when it shuts off you dont get it back on it acts like it is unplugged totally unresponsive

I might guess a over heat reset button but i dont know where that is

OK the part that you sent is just a power filter .
You have an issue with the control board (invertor) this is the brain of the unit .
No reset button !!
You can try one thing ,unplug the unit and plug it back in ,this may reset the control but if it goes out again you WILL need to replace the control .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE for part info
Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line