Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My LG Inverter direct drive dishwasher isnt pumping the water

My LG Inverter direct drive dishwasher isn't pumping the water out. A few minutes after it is started, there is a series of bells, and the display is showing OE. It appears to be off as well. What's up?
Hello, this is actually a fairly common issue on these units. The dishwasher throwing this error code because it is not draining fast enough. The drain motor is either blocked or bad. On these units the drain motor is often just blocked with debris.

The problem is getting to it. They did not make it easy for use to clean or replace. The unit needs to be removed and set on its back to clean or replace the motor.

Before you remove the unit, check the air gap on the sink if there is one and also check the connection where the drain hose connects to the disposal or standpipe. Often you will find a blockage there. That would be best case scenario. Although I rarely get that lucky.