Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Our Kenmore front-load washer is leaking water from the detergent

Customer Question

Our Kenmore front-load washer is leaking water from the detergent tray. I've removed the tray and can't see/feel anything blocking it. I've removed the bottom panel and drained the excess water; nothing blocking it (familiar with this tactic). I've also removed the top panel, but don't see how I have access to any other hoses that may be blocked. Help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 4 years ago.
Hello, the hose that goes from the dispenser to the tub is clogged with something. Could be a detergent cap or an article of clothing.

Open the door and look for the small metal clamp around the rubber boot. With a small flat head gently remove the metal spring. Peel the boot back to get to the hose on the left. Once inside to the hose, remove the hose from the boot. Clean the debris and that will solve the issue for sure.