Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

ge spacemaker microwave 1.6 cu. ft. - blown fuse?? No power

ge spacemaker microwave 1.6 cu. ft. - blown fuse?? No power to the unit at all. Power to the plug outlet. How do I know that this is the problem? Where is the fuse located? and how do I get to it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: I still need help.

a you tube video about products that are not ge does me no good

what is the full model number of the micro?

do you have an ac volt meter with continuity check on it so we can check the fuse and other parts?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did u get mod #?

i didn't

can you send it through again, please?

and do you have a meter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mod # XXXXX sh0y

no volt meter

ok. thank you for the model number.

give me one minute to look it up.

be right back.

and with out a meter, there are limited checks we can do. But we should be able to get some answers as to why the machine is not powering on.

here is a link to the exploded view diagram of your machine.

just copy and paste the above link to your browser to open and view the diagram. the fuse in your machine is diagram number is XXXXX and the fuse holder is 46.

to access this please first remove the plug from outlet and remove the two or three screws to the upper vent grill. the grill that is just above the door when closed wil need to be removed to give you access to the fuse and holder. so first feel with your hand or stand on a step stool and look down onto the top of the grill, usually just in front of your cabinets doors, you will find two or three small philips head screws holding the grill to the micro wave. remove those screws.

then shift the grill to the left and right and pull out of the way. it will come off completely. and behind the grill to the right of the machine, usually just above and behind the control area you will see the fuse.

it looks like this.

once you find the fuse, again with power off to the machine, remove the wires from the clips on either end of the fuse holder and fit them together.making sure you are touching metal to metal. this will jump out the fuse. and it is important that after jumping out the fuse you make sure the metal ends of the wires dont touch anything else or it will short out the machine.

then with the fuse jumped out, plug the machine back in. if the machine powers on try it out. and if it runs normally then you have bad fuse. and will need to be replaced. in which you can order right from sears website in which i referred you to.

but if the fuse is not the problem you will first have to make sure that your breaker to the outlet is fully on. and if it is then change the control board.

please get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns and i will help you more.

and if you feel like i have answered your questions please remember to rate my performance below with ok service or better rating. and if you have more questions after rating me positively please feel free to ask all the follow up questions that you need to. and i will answer them at no additional charge to you.

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

should you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Please also come back here to let me know how you make out.

Thanks again.