Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

I have a Quiet Partner ii Whirlpool dishwasher. I bought it

Customer Question

I have a Quiet Partner ii Whirlpool dishwasher. I bought it from home builder that removed it from a model home. I installed and was working fine for about 3-4 washes. Then we had a small leak from under the sink. I did not know that the kitchen does not have GFCI breakers. The dishwasher will not power back on and there is standing water in the bottom. The only sticker on the does says "8575637" and that is the only indication of a model number I can find.

I think it might be the thermal break because the door seems to be working fine and latching fine.

Any thoughts on what this could be. I do not have a manual.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Woody, thank you for choosing our service.
May I have the units model number to better assist you ?

If you open the door it will be on the units rightside face frame .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stated above: The only sticker on the does says "8575637" and that is the only indication of a model number I can find.
That is no where near a Whirlpool Dishwasher model number
It will be on the right side of the tank , sometimes on the right side of the door .
and will look like DU960PW0 or GU1200LW0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand but there is no other sticker anywhere on the unit.

Im sorry but with outv a model number I have no way of looking any diagrams or part up for your model .
And when an applaince is scrapped by the manufacture for waht ever reason ,the dealer has to remove the model /serial tag and return it back to Whirlpool for proper documentation .

do you have any idea how old this unit is ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I do not now the model number. If I knew that I could look up the answer myself. Without that the expert is unable to give me an answer.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello

My name is Jon and I am an authorized whirlpool service tech and I can help you today.

if the model sticker is not on the inside wall of the dishwasher near the door then like the previous expert stated, we will not be able to look up the parts info for your model. but I can get a very good idea of what model you have if you could tell me what the buttons are on the control panel?

and then I can guide you through a diagnostic check process to try to find the problem.

and to do so you may have to answer some more questions i have for you. like, with dishwasher plugged in or power to it, do the lights on the control come on at all? and if they do, will the control allow you to change the cycles but not start?

this could be as easy as fixing the fuse on the control board. or as difficult as rewiring or replacing the whole control board. which actually is not that bad of a job to do in most dishwashers.

get back to me here and I will try to help you more.

thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is absolutely no power to the machine. I've been able to figure out that the buttons on the control panel are model du1145 but it stops there as far as figuring out the model number.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
again, no worries about the model. we can try to figure this out with out it.

first flip the breaker off to the machine or unplug it. then remove the lower kick plate under the door by removing the two or four screws to the kick plate. then with the kick plate off you will notice a small metal box. usually on the right hand side of the machine. and there will be one screw holding the front cover of that box on. remove the screw and then remove the front cover of the box and you will see the wires.

Make sure that the wires are not damaged or burnt in any way. along with the wire nuts that attach to the end of the wires. if the wires are damaged repair them and reconnect. if no damage, unscrew and fully disconnect the wires and reset back in place. making sure the wire nuts are fully on the wires.

then power on the machine again and see if the control board will light up and work. if it does, great. let it run a few times and see if it will run though a few cycles.

if after refitting the wires and powering back on the machine doesnt come on or light up at all then you will need to replace the main computer board.

and just to let you know, some of the dishwashers similar to yours have fuses in them that will kill all function to the machine. so we may want to check that as well. most of them are in the top of the door.

to check the fuse you will need to remove the top six or so screws from the inner door frame. then remove the top console of the door. then remove the control cover. and behind the cover you will see the control board and the fuse on the board. the fuse will either be round or squarish in shape and will have two wires running to it.

with power off remove the wires to the fuse and fit the wires together. this will jump out the fuse. make sure the wires are only touching metal to metal and nothing else. then power the machine back on and seeif you have lights to your machine. and if you do then good news, you most likely only need your fuse replaced. bad news is that you will have to remove it and take it to an appliance parts store so they can match it to the one you need. since you don't have a model number i cant tell you what the fuse part numbers is.

if the jumping of the fuse does nothing then you will have to replace the control board.

run those checks and get back to me here if you need more help. let me know what you find.

thanks.