Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I start the normal wash cycel and I can hear it drain properly,

Customer Question

I start the normal wash cycel and I can hear it drain properly, but within a minute of the cycle it starts to beep (but no error message appears) and it stops running. I did get an f13 error a little while ago (this was after it was running for 20 minutes). However, now it doesn't even show an error but just stops about a minute into the cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon Grella :

Hello

Jon Grella :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Miele service tech and I can help you today.

Jon Grella :

the f13 error code is a Water intake fault: Heater pressure switch fault.

Jon Grella :

to check and fix do this. this is straight out of the tech sheet for your machine. please let me know if you have any questions.

Jon Grella :

he program is interrupted and the drain pump is operated. The display shows the message Water intake fault F13. After approximately 2 to 4 minutes, the buzzer is activated for 2 minutes. This fault is registered when the desired number of pulses, which varies depending on program, has not been detected within a certain given time (maximum 4 minutes). If the selected program starts with a water softener flushing cycle, the fault code register check is carried out earlier. In the event of a fault, the selected program is interrupted after approximately 30 seconds and the fault is indicated.

Cause:
On-site water supply not in order.

Remedy:
The on-site water supply should be checked by a specialist.

Cause:
Water inlet valve defective.

Remedy:
Check the water inlet valve and replace it if necessary.

Cause:
Flow meter B3/4 is providing too few pulses.

Remedy:

1. Check WPS valve Y2 (filter, restrictor disc).
2. Remove the left side panel.
3. Check that the plate with the reed switch on flow meter B3/4 is seated correctly.
4. Check that the reed switch connection plug is seated correctly.
5. Replace the reed switch, if necessary.
6. Check the control lead from the electronic to flow meter B3/4.
7. Replace the water inlet mixer, if necessary.

Cause:
Water flow pressure at on-site water supply is less than 14.5 pounds per square inch (1 bar).

Remedy:

1. Check the water intake.
2. If voltage is present at the electronic for the solenoid valve, check the solenoid valve Y2 leads for continuity.
3. Check the filter at WPS valve Y2.

Cause:
Filter in WPS clogged.

Remedy:

1. Disconnect the machine from the power supply.
2. Close the on-site water supply.
3. Unscrew the WPS from the on-site water supply.
4. Remove the washer from the threaded union.
5. Remove the filter with needlenose pliers.
6. Clean or replace the filter as necessary.

Jon Grella :

basically the short simplified version of the above is to check that there is good water pressure to the machine and the water filter is not blocked or clogged.

Jon Grella :

if the filter and water supply is good then the water flow system needs to be changed out. it is common for these model machines.

Jon Grella :

to get parts please call miele directly at 1-800-999-1360 and ask for the parts department. then give them the full model number of your dishwasher and ask for the water flow system. they will send it out to you and the part will come with instructions for installation.

Jon Grella :

if you have any other questions please get back to me here and i will help you more.

Jon Grella :

thanks

Customer:

I got the cycle to get past the error (the error that did not display a code and occured after 1 min - beeping occured and light flashed). Right after I started the cycle, I was moving the intake hose around and it sounded like I un-kinked it (kinked was after the water connection and the large box) and then I could hear the water flow to the machine. So far, the cycle is going as normal. I will keep an eye on it for the rest of the night. Could the intake hose need replaced?

Jon Grella :

perfect.

Jon Grella :

easy fix. hopefully

Jon Grella :

let it run and keep an eye on it. if it runs through fine with no problems you are good to go. if the error comes back please get back to me here and i will help you more.

Jon Grella :

if you feel that i have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating. and if you have more questions, even after positively rating me, come back here and i will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon Grella :

thanks

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you have more questions or concerns please feel free to get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.