Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

I have an LG fridge model LSC27926ST, I just replaced the ice

I have an LG fridge model LSC27926ST, I just replaced the ice maker and it still takes forever to make ice. what could it be?

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Please look on the under side of the motor part of the icemaker (the square part). There should be a small white button, press it down for 5 seconds. Watch the icemaker. Does is rotate, dump ice, and fill the try back up correctly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it does

Ok, you will need to replace the control board. It is located on the very top of the fridge. Unplug the fridge, get a step stool, and remove cover on top the fridge. There is the control board. It is just a plug and play board. Very easy to replace. Part# XXXXX XXXXX The board is a little costly, about $277. I replace this board almost every time I run into this fridge, for the same issue. I hope I was able to assist you on this question. Please give me a great rating is I was able to do so. Thank you.