Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Kenmore Washer HE2t door is locked after code F error. Have

Kenmore Washer HE2t door is locked after code F error. Have tried several times to un-plug, but error F and door still locked. Also have held stop button twice and held button to unlock controls for 30 seconds....to no avail....Got any answers? I have wet clothes in washer that I can't get out....Thanks
you will need to remove the bottom panel and reach up under the unit on the right side of the door ,and pull down on the lock /latch assembly to unlock the door .
And is there a number or letter after the f error code like F-11, F-dl?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not really....just blinking F, then the 56 (like 56 mins)....I'll go down I try to unlock door

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How does one remove the bottom panel...does it pop off, should I use a screwdriver?

it is held in place with two screws on the bottom of the panel .
And Depending upon the model number F-56 may be an error code.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We opened latch and got door open...trying to do a quick load, to see if washer is working...got F28 error...Serial Communication Error...CCU and MCU can not communicate...sounds beyond my limit capabilities...Do you think it's something Iwe can work on or should we get a technician out here?

Thanks

This is a easy fix , can you now remove the top panel ?
it has two screws from the rear of the unit .
Once that is done you have the CCU mounter on the rear of the unit .
UNPLUG thec unit from the wall .
And remove all the locking connectores from the control one at a time and just unplug and plug back in and move to the next connector .
And test the unit again , if you get the F-28 again the CCU will need to be replaced.
I can give you the CCU part number so you have it ,if you would like it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok...we will go and remove top panel and continue...stay tunedSurprised

ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What do you mean by rear of unit? is it in the back....we removed two screws that hold door piece, but it doesn't come off easily...do you have to pull down? Are we even in correct area?

if you slide your hand over the top panel and on the rear lip about 1/4 down on the very back panel .
If you are at the door no you are not in the correct place.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We've got the top panel open...are testing CCU mounter connections...but there are two connections in rear (stage left) and three connections(stage right...w/ a pink wire)....Which ones are we testing? So far we've tested 2 on stage left to no avail. Also note that door keeps on locking up and we can open unless we pull latch from inside?

The ccu looks like this .
Has connectorgraphics on the bottom and the side.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nothing that looks like CCU you have image of...I'm going to call a guy in tomorrow...Thanks for your help. Good night

can I have the model number of the unit form inside the door ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Type 832 Mod XXXXXXXXXXX ...gotta call it a night...exhausted

Can you kive it to me like 110 .123456 with a space and a decimal point after the third number or our server blocks it and all I get to see is XXXXXXX`s
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

type 832

Mod 110.47561601

Here is what you CCU looks like mounted right on the rear rail on top of the unit .
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes that's it...but it's on the right (stage right) front corner...we think there is a blown fuse/short because everytime we plug in you hear a snap....also the TH2 connection doesn't seem to fix very well...I've got to go to work, and I think it's time to get a repair man in here....Thanks for all you've done

No internal fuses . !
It sounds as you need to replace the CCU .
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE for part info