Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

I got a "flood switch has been activated" signal and there

Customer Question

I got a "flood switch has been activated" signal and there does not appear to be a service provider in the area. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Woody, thank you for choosing our service.
May I have the units model number to better assist you ?

If you open the door it will be on the units face frame .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see no face plate on the inside of the door. According to the manual, the model # is DD6021.

That is not a good number or a full number .
And it is NOT on the door it is on the side of the cabinet, after the door is open .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found it - DS 6021. I am leaving soon for dinner. Can we postpose till later this evening or tomorrow?

I will opt out I do not find that model number .
Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.

My name is Jon and i am an authorized fisher and paykel tech and i can help you today. if you still need it?

the flood switch error is a common one on your machine and can be fixed quickly in most cases.

the flood switch error simply means the flood switch in the drain pan under the dishwasher has sensed water. and when it does this it will stop the current cycle and activate the drain pump until it thinks the water is all out of the machine.

first we have to uninstall the dishwasher and unplug it. then remove it from the cabinets and tilt it forward on about a 45 degree angle and be sure to lay some towels down in front of the machine to catch the water as it leaks out. keep it tilted until there is no more water coming out the front of the machine. then set it back upright again. and allow to dry further for at least 24 hours with out using the machine.

then test the machine again about 24 hours later and see if it will run a full cycle again without any interruptions or error codes. and if it does then the machine is ok. if it doesn't, then repeat the process over again but this time allow more time for the water to dry up before running the machine again.

and if it still doesn't work then we will need to take a further look at why the error code keeps coming up.

if you feel that i have answered your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating. this way i get credit for helping you from the website. and if you still need more help and have more questions after rating my performance, please feel free to come back here and i will help you more for no additional charge.