Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirpool Dryer that will not heat up. I have checked the heating element. It is g

Customer Question

I have a whirpool Dryer that will not heat up. I have checked the heating element. It is good. The unit will sometimes produce low heat.

model EED 4400WQ0

SN/my2788952
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

when this does heat (a little) is it in automatic or timed cycle ? how did you test the element ? with a volt meter or visually ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ohmed with a meter,

the low heat was when the timer switch was on low heat cycle

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay, there are a few things that can cause that in this dryer, good to know you have a volt meter though.have you tested any of the thermostats ? this is a pretty basic dryer , not much to it. can you test voltages ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I can

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay , first you should test the thermostats, this is the automatic cycling thermostat. heres a link to show you how to test that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Cycling-Thermostat/3387134/2893?modelNumber=EED4400WQ0
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK two things, the video link on you tube you sent does not work.

second this is a gas dryer diagram

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
How do you mean a gas dryer diagram ? I didn't send a diagram. is this not electric ? the model number comes up electric dryer not gas , is this gas ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

whem I clicked the link you sent it took me to a repair clinic site, and in that site if you click on the parts replacement tab it shows a whirlpool gas dryer cycling thermostat youtube video which does not work.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay well they use that in both electric and gas, anyway its part # XXXXX on this diagram .take one wire off and test the larger 1/4" connectors for continuity. if it has continuity its good. if its good then you timer is bad and has a bad contact in it on the nigh heat side.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan, is this part #8 the thermostat with the four terminals?

towards the bottom of the dryer and away rom the heater coil housing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan I am going to finish this job tomorrow morning. i will send money fhen I am finihed. Thanks for your help

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes Its the one with the four terminals , sorry I had to go out last night. let me know when you get back on today. I will be on and off, mostly on though. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan,

I noticed that $28 had been deducted from my bank. Does that mean you have been paid?

Thanks,

Rodney

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

I dont get paid unless you accept my answer by rating me 3 or above ,All that came out of your bank was your deposit. I dont get credit unless you rate me. were you able to test the thermostat/ or replace it ?