Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

Model JGD8430ADS gas in glass cooktop. I am getting gas, but

Model JGD8430ADS gas in glass cooktop. I am getting gas, but not getting spark or voltage to one burner. Other burners work fine and I can measure voltage when igniting. The ignitor/electrode looks fine on the "bad" burner. I think the problem is in the switch. How do I get at it to replace the switch?

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance servicer since 1992.
Sounds like a switch
You would have to remove all grates, top base to burners. the complete glass top with the surrounding screws around the entire cooktop glass. Slowly lift off and you will have access to the switches.
I do not have the service manual, because the Manufacture Jennair did not publish one, but only the wiring diagram.

Customer:

Sounds like I would have to disconnect the gas and electric before doing what you suggest. Correct? My glass top is connected to the ceramic tile countertop by grout, not screws. I was hoping for some way to access the switch without having to disrupt the grout, which is a real pain to redo. There is some kind of panel in the front of the unit, under the counter. Would that give me access? Frankly, it doesn't look like it from the outside. The switches seem to be "outside" the boundaries of the panel.

Customer:

What is going on? Are you there? Please reply.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What more info do you need?

You will have to remove the cooktop up to gain acceess to the screws holding the top glass on. There is no bottom access plate.
Just got a rating from you on poor service. Is it that what you have to do to get the switches is making you rate poor service? What can i help you with to get the poor rating to ok?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Read my reply and then we can talk.

You will have to disconnect the electrical and gas to remove the cooktop and remove the top glass by removing once out, the surround screws on the top underneath the edges. Then you can lift off the cooktop glass to gain access to the switch. This is the only way to do it, no bottom access.