Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

We have a built-in Whirlpool double oven wall unit - 15 years

We have a built-in Whirlpool double oven wall unit - 15 years old, original with the house - Mod # XXXXX We were trying to start the bake cycle in the upper oven last night and everything just went dead- no sounds, no smell, no nothing. Clock, light worked fine until that moment, then nothing. Checked connection plug, circuit breakers - no problems there. This happened once a week ago but I flipped the circuit breaker just for the heck of it, and it came back on, worked for a week until last night. What's your advice?

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
The thermo fuse is located behind the wall oven and could cause this issue. If it opens up, it will shut off all power. And the fact it worked while resetting the break as you stated, it may also be a defective control board.
The control board is part#(NNN) NNN-NNNNbut the manufacture Whirlpool has discontinued the part.I can help you diagnosis it if you can pull the unit out from the wall and have an ohm/volt meter. The thermo fuse is available but the control is not.

Those are the only two things that could cause this issue you are having.

Please let me know, thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your timely response! I'm not sure I'd be able to get to the back myself (get the unit out of the wall - it's built-in), so I'm not sure I can do without professional help here. On the control panel - you say it's not longer available - I saw something online (Sears parts) about a replacement/substitute control panel. Any info on that? And - if it's not available, does that mean we just have to replace the whole thing? Just making sure I'm clear on the options.

They change the part number but that one is No Longer Available also.
You may not need the board but if you do, i did some more research and found a company selling them on Ebay.....

Hope this helps you,
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the great on-target analysis. We had a repair person in yesterday and, yes, it was the fuse you mentioned. They've ordered the part, and we hope to be back in business within a few days. Thanks again! Brian Croswhite

Thank you for the rating and glad its on its way to get fixed.