Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

Model Bosch WFL2060 UC The washing machine stops partway through

Model Bosch WFL2060 UC
The washing machine stops partway through any cycle selected. It always stops on the spin portion. The spin cycle starts, but it never reaches it's full rpm, and then shortly after starting (<1min) it stops. The "Door Locked" light starts flashing, and the door is unlocked. To start a cycle again, I can reset the fault by powering off, and then selecting an appropriate cycle.

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been a service repair tech since 1992. Can you supply the rest of the model number, you gave WFL2060 us but there should be a slash then some more after that. The owners manual leave them off.You should find the model and serial number (i need both) to get the right part and diagnosis on the inside of the door or top console.
Thank you.

Customer:

Tag says

Customer:

E-No WFL2060 UC 82/11

Customer:

Looking for the serial number, where is it located. I pulled that off of the door tag

Appliance Parts :

and the serial number with the FD starts with will be on the same place

Appliance Parts :

That did not pull up entirely.... I found a WFL2060UC/32 ?
(32) instead of (82)

Customer:

From the back of the machine wfl2060UC/01 FD8205 23377. I'm located in Canada, hopefully that doesn't result in issues

Appliance Parts :

Can you reach in and spin the tub with little resistance? Does it make any noises?

Appliance Parts :

Not a problem i can help you on this model in Canada

Customer:

Spins very freely, only noise it makes is like the sound of something rubbing against a seal. Very light noise, and doesn't sound abnormal

Customer:

Brushes were replaced on the motor about a year ago, and door seal about 6 months ago

Appliance Parts :

If the unit is not going into its final spin, the tub is free, the door lock is activating the only thing left in circuit is the main control. There is a slight chance on the windings on the motor, but more than likely a control failure.
Part# XXXXX
The power module contains all the components such as microprocessor, relay and the power supply. It controls the washing programs, monitors the temperature, determines parameters and actuates the motor, heater, detergent-solution pump, water inlet and safety devices.

You can do a Google search for best pricing. This can be access through the top of the washer. Remove the rear screws,slide the top back, and gain access to the control in the front.

Customer:

Yeah, that

Customer:

that's what I was suspecting. Figured I better get an expert opinion before I started shelling out for the board. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it a try and report back

Appliance Parts :

No problem,

Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI

Followup on this. I replaced the board, and no change. It goes through a cycle and then stops near the end. It didn't enter the spin cycle. Just comes to an abrupt stop. Then about 1 minute later the door unlocked light starts flashing. I won't be around until tomorrow for followup.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi again

I don't see my response from last night, so I'll try again. I replaced the controller board and no change. It still stops after starting the spin, and about a minute later the "Door Locked" light starts flashing. I pulled the motor, and the brushes are still good. Armature looks a little worn, but as I'm not a motor guy, I'm not sure what the tolerances are there. Suggestions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi

The board did not solve the problem. Still ending up with the Door Unlocked light at the end of the cycle. Have to power down to reset.

I would have to say the motor needs replacing as i suggested if the control did not solve the issue the windings on the motor maybe the issue also even though they were replaced before. Part# 142197.
Can be bought from Bosch or RepairClinic.com
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi again

Way too busy but got a chance to look at this today. I'm waiting for the motor to arrive, so I took the old motor out again, and cleaned up the armature. Lots of carbon deposit between the poles. Cleaned with a brass brush. Put it back together, and it's working again. I put the old controller board back in, and it's still working. I'll probably just hold onto the motor for now (once it arrives) and replace the old one when it fails again. Good call

Glad you got it going, thanks!