Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

I have a fisher paykel wash machine marked 2007. Control panel

I have a fisher paykel wash machine marked 2007. Control panel 421098. the touch panel on the front of the machine broke thru a while ago and we were sticking a pencil in it to start it. Then the parts seemed to have fallen apart at the power button. We took it apart and found the small silver disk and replaced it at the power button. Now it makes that noise like it would like to work when pressed but does not. The lights at the wash progress area are lit. Also found a small battery in the machine marked W3 10 16v around the area of the power button. Can not find where that would go or if it really even goes in the machine. We have not put the machine completely back together either. Help About how long does this take to get an answer

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Can you supply me with the complete model number? Should start off with letters and is usually located on top of the control panel or inside the door lid.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX 15

Product Mkt 96155-b us

Serial # XXXXX

Ok thank you for the model. Seems to me that you have damaged the display part# XXXXX board it self along with the keypad that started to give way.
It is shorted and causing the machine to drop out.
You cannot actually by pieces to repair the board. You simply have to change them on this model. This is the link for the parts look up.
http://needapplianceparts.com/GWL15_US.pdf

You might want to look at this yourself no what all is needed at the link above.

I can assume you would need
item #3 part# XXXXX PANEL TOUCH GWL12 US FP WH
item #4 part# XXXXX INSERT CONSOLE GW11
item #5 part# XXXXX DISPLAY GW PH7/PH6

Parts are available through here:
www.needapplianceparts.com

Hope this helps you
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We kind of thought the panel was shot, but the thing that we have the question on is this Little battery. Does it belong somewhere? If we have the control panel replaced will it work or does this battery need to go somewhere?

There is no battery on the machine that is replaceable, it must of came out of the display board and it shouldn't of. You would need to replace the display board and dipose of the battery.