MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Hello - My Kitchenaid fridge (KBLO36FMX2) was not cooling properly

Hello - My Kitchenaid fridge (KBLO36FMX2) was not cooling properly and a tech told me I needed to replace the control board. I can do some electronics repair and decided to give it a go myself instead of giving him the board to rebuild, which would have cost $500. He said when they rebuild the boards they replace the relays, so that's where I started. I have replaced all the relays on the board with the exact part, and now the display panel flickers intermittently. The condensor runs, relays continue to click every few seconds. Are there other parts on the board I should be looking at to replace?

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Do you have contant voltage to the control board?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, a steady 120v where the power leads come in.

If you unplug the inverter does the relay board do the same thing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I unplugged the inverter, relays on the board still click, but no display.

Humm !

I have no idea of the board internals , all we as servicers do it just oder it and install it ,never rebuild them , I will optout thinking someone else can assist you .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks nonetheless. It may also be worth nothing that I have no interior lights.

You are not going to be able to fix this board. New , not rebuilt, boards run about $225, and rebuilt ones are even less. $500 is some crazy price you were given. So the best thing to do here is replace it as no one can give you any specifics on the inner-workings of that board unless you want to be without a working fridge for the foreseeable future. No appliance mfr gives details that you would need to find out what has malfunctioned let alone trying to find whatever component has- add up all that time and effort and it makes no sense here to try to do the impossible.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS