Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

Is the "system voltage (12,24,48)" referred to in the Tristar

Is the "system voltage (12,24,48)" referred to in the Tristar MPPT manual the SOLAR PANEL OUTPUT VOLTAGE or the BATTERY VOLTAGE. I have a Kyocera panel with a nominal output voltage of about 30 volts which will charge a 12V deep cycle battery. I am not sure what to set the MPPT switches to for "system voltage" , because the manual does not state whether the "system voltage" refers to the PANEL or the BATTERY. Thank you.

Francis :

Hello, The system voltage would be to what system you would use the unit. You can use it in 12, 24, or 48 volts system. I know you will use 12 volts batteries but depending on how you would connect them, then that would be your system voltage. If you would use your 12 volts deep cycle battery, as a 12 volts system, then use 12 volts as your system voltage. Even though the output of the solar panel is 30 volts, that is the function of the controller, to harvest those big voltages and use them to charge the 12 volts battery , which would be your system voltage as well. use 12 volts as you system voltage if you will connect the batteries in parallel as a 12 volts battery bank.