MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a Jenn Air JDS9860AAP dual fuel oven. The gas cooktop

I have a Jenn Air JDS9860AAP dual fuel oven. The gas cooktop is working fine but the oven is taking quite some time to reach temperature. It takes almost 45 minutes to reach 350 with the convection bake cycle. Both elements are hot. I recently replaced the control board because the relays had burned out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Are you getting 240 volts or so to this? You should have that between the outside terminals where the power comes in to the range.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have a volt meter only a circuit tester. The tester lights up on both sets of poles.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Power will flow thru the appliance and make the test light illuminate without 240 necessarily being there- get a cheap voltmeter if you want to solve this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have 120 on each pole and 240 across the bus in the back of the oven

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Check voltage at your elements-if you have the 240 there when running then nothing is wrong with them as they either work or they do not just like a light bulb. Also, your temperature display may well be off from what is really going on in the oven, so get a thermometer and verify the actual temp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have 120 across the leads for the bottom element and nothing across the leads on the top element in the bake mode

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
That is not right- elements must get 240, so you have a bad or open connection here. Top element usually comes on in pre-heat only in bake cycle, but check it in broil.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

top element reads 120 in broil mode as well

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
My answer stands.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

any ideas on which connections would be bad or do you have a way to trace the connections to find the drop? Is it possible to check the voltages across the control board connections?

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Trace them- there are only 2 wires to follow as one side of the elements gets fed from the same side of the terminal block. Make sure you did not miswire the new control as the black wire is what brings the other side of the 240 line to the relays that turn on the elements; if you swapped the white wire for the black then that would explain 120 volts.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
So, what else is needed here? I do this strictly to get a positive rating and can address only so many questions in a day- please don't be one that is not grateful for the help.