Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

Fisher and Payel Smart Load Gas dryer DGGX1US what part do

Customer Question

Fisher and Payel Smart Load Gas dryer DGGX1US what part do I need? at times if lid hits top control panel, lights go on. Will start and then seems to have a short and stop and beep. I can pause it, turn off power restart and it starts again. May have to do many times, but once it decides not to shut itself off it works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 1 year ago.

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
The issue you are having seems to be a lid lock assembly. Part# XXXXX
You can find it here for purchase: http://www.needapplianceparts.com/395498.aspx

Directions here:
(b) Disconnect the wiring harness from the display module.
(c) Carefully remove the two lid buffers from the front side top
of the deck by levering upwards, taking care not to
damage the top deck.
(d) Remove two screws under the buffers securing the top
deck to the cabinet.
(e) Tilt the top deck upwards towards the rear.
(f) Disconnect the wiring harness from the sensor module
and lift the top deck clear.
(g) Remove the top deck harness from the top deck.
(h) Remove the lid lock, complete with harness, from the top
deck.
(i) Remove the stiffener brackets from under each side of the
top deck.
7.4.2 If the top deck is to be removed to gain access to other
components:
(b) Carefully remove the two lid buffers from front side top of
the deck by levering upwards, taking care not to damage
the top deck.
(c) Remove two screws under the buffers securing the top
deck to the cabinet.
(d) Tilt the top deck upwards towards the rear.
(e) Disconnect the wiring harness from the sensor module and
lift the top deck clear.
Reassembly
(a) Refit in reverse manner ensuring that the user intervention
lever is in its correct position and that the cabinet top fits
between the lugs on the inside front of the top deck and the
inside front edge of the top deck.
Remove the screw securing the lid lock to the underside of
the top deck, move the front downwards and slide out..

Customer:

Are you sure? The lid can be locked and the dryer is on and then the drum stops rotating, the lights come on and it beeps and stops. I push pause, power off, and start all over without touching the lid and it starts up again but usually shuts itself off in seconds to minutes or rarely finishes the cycle. Doesn't seen to have anything to do with the lid but some kind of short in a sensor panel under the display

Customer:

Sometimes I am nowhere near the dryer and some other vibration in the house occurs and the lights go on and it beeps. This is with the lid closed. I am not an appliance person, but do diagnostic work on people and this lid lock response doesn't make sense given what the problem is

Appliance Parts :

When the dryer first starts , the drum rotation is sensed. If it doesn't do it correctly then it will send a fault back to the control display. Giving you the beep sound. No it could also be the drum sensor, that would make the vibration issue in the house. That would be another issue. The sensor modular is part# XXXXX

You can run a diagnostic test by :
(a) Turn the power supply to the dryer on.
(b) Press and hold the Auto Dry down button, then press the Power button.

Last Fault code supplied can be done by,
To enter the last fault diagnostics, enter the diagnostic mode as described above, then press the Auto
Dry up button three times.

The last fault will be displayed on the drying progress LEDs,

Let me know what lights are on?

Customer:

I cannot do this. Auto Dry has an up and down button to witch from damp to dry, so do I push the up or the down. Are you familiar with the exact model of dryer I have?

Customer:

Oh I see you said push the up button for the second part, and the down - sorry I missed that will go do it now

Appliance Parts :

Yes i am looking at a service manual on this dryer, and i do work on these.

Customer:

2nd light =damp and 5th light = cool down are on.

Appliance Parts :

The only true way of knowing for sure is if you have a volt/ohm meter.

The fault you have relates to this Fault code 8:
The exhaust sensor measures over temperature (fire detection, element short circuit or low
resistance).
Remedy: (1) Check the integrity of the sensor circuit checking particularly for short circuits.
Approximate resistances (+ 10%) at various temperatures are; 32oF (0oC) = 33
KOhms, 72oF (22oC) = 11 KOhms, 104oF (40oC) = 5 KOhms. Replace thermistor
and harness if out of range.
(2) Check the element integrity in that it switches off when the dryer is stopped.
(3) Replace the motor control module.
(4) Replace the sensor module.

Do you have a volt ohm meter?

Customer:

No don't have this

Appliance Parts :

Well the number 4 step would be my guess. The sensor model i advised about the second answer:
The sensor modular is part# XXXXX since it was making a noise issue you advised me.

Customer:

which noise issue - only noise is beeping when it stops. Is that what you are referring to?

Customer:

I do have an appliance person to install this, so I guess I could order the part, give him your advice and then if the part is not correct return it.

Appliance Parts :

vibration?

Customer:

Just responds to some vibration. I read the response you gave elsewhere on the internet, before. Guess I will have to try to work this out or get a new dryer

Customer:

Thanks - very complicated -

Customer:

Where are you located?

Appliance Parts :

It is a guess my friend, without proper testing equipment it is just an guess from an appliance repair tech.
I hope it works out for you. But most places if you install, they will not accept return. So i would be cautious if the tech can just look at the machine. These machines are not the easiest to work on. Not like the old school dryers.

Appliance Parts :

Lakeland, fl

Customer:

Long drive to California to fix my dryer! Thanks for the help. Hope you had a nice holiday. I'll have to take it from here.

Appliance Parts :

No problem and good luck to you

Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nowhere to find the parts

This is the link for parts purchase: http://www.needapplianceparts.com/395628p.aspx

Thank you