Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a drain valve error on myEIDW6105GS1 Electrolux dishwasher.

I have a drain valve error on myEIDW6105GS1 Electrolux dishwasher. I replaced the drain valve but still have the drain valve error
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service,

Which error exactly is coming up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Drain Valve Error On this modle there is only one drain valve light.

Ok will water pump out of the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will do nothing. When I try to start it all the lights starts to flash about 60 sec later

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I first got the error it left water in it but after I replaced the drain valve and got the water out when I tryed it it would do nothing. It would look like it was going to work for about 60 sec then the lights would start flashing and the drain valve error would come up.

They had a lot of issues with this unit. Electrolux was covering some of these under warranty and giving a kit which included the turbidity sensor and the float switch inside the unit. You may want to replace the turbidity sensor and check the float switch. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where is the turbity sensor and float switch and how do you check them? Why would the cause a drain valve error.As you can tell I'm no dishwasher repairman. I'm just unlucky enough to own a Electrolux diaswasher that junk. This thing is only 3 years old and I've worked on it twice already.

I've been jiving it serious thoughts about junking it and getting a Kitchen Aid. It never has cleaned like it should.

First open the machine door...on the left hand side you will see a mushroom cap. Lift it up and down to make sure it is free and makes a sfot clicking noise. If it does the pull off the bottom kickplate and check in the plastic basin under the unit for signs of water. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The level switch seems to be working I can hear it click. The bottom was taken off when I changed the drain valve. There wasn't any water are signs of water ever being in it.

Ok if all that is good, you could have a bad turbidity sensor. I would say you have a bad main board given the issues you are having. I would contact Frigidaire to see if they will do anything for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could a drain valve error be the Turbidity sensor ain't that the sensor that tells it has a leak. .

Here is a list of error lights.

Leak Det

Turbidity

Water pump

Drying damper

Upper drying fan

Lower dry fan

Drain valveXXXXX I'm getting this light

Main cont Board

When it first happened the lights on the door started flashing, it had water in it and when I looked at the error light behind the kick panel the drain valve light was on.

I replaced the drain valve and restarted. About 60 sec. later the lights on the door started to flash. I called the company and they told me to hold down on the Hi Temp button. I did and it cleared the flashing lights on the door. I then restarted it and 60 sec later the lights on the door started to flash again. All this time I had them on the phone. They then told me to turn the power off for about a min. That didn't workl. That's when they told me they couldn't help me, have a nice day.

This thing cost $1200 and it was 3 years old in Sept. This will be the 3rd time it stopped working. The other times they sent me the part the errow code told them it needed and I put it on and it started working.

The plug on the drain valve can only be plugged in one way? Could I have plugged it in wrong?

I do not think you have the drain valve plugged in wrong. I think you have a board issue. The turbidity sensor senses the clarity of the water. They do not go bad very often and is not likely the issue. If the water was very sudsy it could be the problem, but it sounds like the unit is not running at all so I would say it is a bad board. If you order the parts from Appliancepartspros.com you can return them even after they have been installed. I would do that so you are not out anything if it does not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help. I'm not sure what I will do. This junk cost 1200 and is only 3 years and 3 mo old but sometime it's time to cut your loses. I got a few more questions. What Dishwasher cleans best and which one last the longest. I want one that heats the water going in since it takes awile to get hot water at the sink. What do you know about the Viken brand.

Do not get a Viking...piece of junk. Now really none of the units actually heat the water to a certain temp, mainly they will heat the water 5-10 degrees above incoming temp. It is mainly a temp differential from incoming water temp. It is very important to try and get the temp as hot as possible before running any dishwasher or set your water heater up.

Now if I were you just get a Bosch unit. Very great for the money, very quiet, few problems and not bad in cost.

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.