Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Kitchen aid dishwasher goes through cycle takes longer than

Kitchen aid dishwasher goes through cycle takes longer than normal and will not drain at end

Model #KUDS02FRSS2
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...When you say will not drain..Does the washer drain at all..? Or is the bottom full of water as if it has not drain at all..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It drains during wash then at end stays full
So I run rinse cycle then it drains
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it appears that it drains during the wash cycle.

at the end of the cycle we clean full water basin.

so I set to rinse cycle to drain

Great thanks for this information..From what you are explaining the unit drains in the wash cycle but not in the rinse and drain cycle..Since the unit is draining in the wash cycle..This means the drain pump is in working order...If the unit was not draining in the wash cycle also then you would obviously have a faulty drain pump..I this case your problem is going to be within the control itself as the controls is what tells the unit where at in the cycle to turn the drain pump on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so are you telling me I need anew control board, and if so do you have the part #?

That is correct..Keep in mind the overall condition of the unit verses replacing also..CLICK HERE FOR PART Also please remember to rate my answer to you at ok or better before leaving today so that i may be credited through the system ..Thanks Bob