Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Why does the F1 error keep going off on my Kenmore range all

Why does the F1 error keep going off on my Kenmore range all the time?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...The f1 error code on most kenmore ranges is a indication of a faulty Electronic Clock /Computer ..If you can locate a model number i can give you more specific information regarding your range. Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is model # XXXXX

Was the self clean option used before this started to happen..? Does the oven still work when the F1 appears..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The self clean option has not been used. I assume it doesn't work when the F1 comes on because the temp is no longer showing. I can't say for sure.

Great just wanted to make sure..Yes the oven will not heat if you are getting a F1 error..On Some units your problem will either be within the keypad or the Clock/Computer..On this unit there is not a external keypad..Which means unfortunately the ovens Clock /Computer #20 will need to be replaced CLICK HERE FOR PART

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there a link to a how to install the new part? I saw the schematic. I may be able to do it with it. I'm just trying to get as much info as possible. You have been a big help. Thank you.

Rick..Unfortunately there is not a hands on link to install this part..What you will need to do is slide the unit out..Remove the cook top screws at each side of the unit..Then remove the screws at the front according to the diagram.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, I got my part. I installed it and F1 still is beeping after oven use. I'm out around $150.00 and still have the original problem. Please advise.

Do the clock digits show up on the display..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

Ok Great..The F1 error is a standard Oven Control fault hands down..You did replace the control through the link i provided correct..? If so..Then either the replacement is faulty (Does not happen often) Or one of the wire harness to the control is faulty..The only way to tell would be to preform a countinuity check on each wire with a multi test meter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok...I'm done....not throwing anymore money at it....have a good day!