Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

Washer is not operating. Started a load last night -- stopped in middle of cycle. Have bee

Washer is not operating. Started a load last night -- stopped in middle of cycle. Have been unable to get it going again. Tried disconnecting power for 5 mins. as recommended. When I power up and hit start, door locks as if it's going to do something, but then nothing happens. A few minutes later, it starts beeping.

The interruption in cycle has been an ongoing problem since we owned it. Usually, we have to reset and start cyle again -- sometimes SEVERAL times -- to get a load done. But this time nothing!

Very frustrated and disenchanted with product. Called a couple months ago, they sent out service person (WE had to pay) and he said it had to do with water pressure not being strong enough and he left. Thanks a lot! Nothing wrong with water pressure. Lots wrong with washer.

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Can you supply me the model number off the Whirlpool machine. Should be located inside the door of the inner cavity. Thank you

Please provide the model number to determine the correct cause. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Lets try a service diagnosis test on the machine:
Starting Service History Mode & Diagnostic Test:
NOTE: The washer must be empty and the control must be
in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to
start the test.
1. Close the door.
2. Select any three different keys (except POWER).
Individually press these in a sequence of 1, 2, 3 and then
repeat this sequence two more times. This sequence must
be completed within 8 seconds of the first key press.
These three keys are referred to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd keys,
based on the order pressed.

After the washer displays the first error, additional presses
of the 3rd key will advance through the errors from newest
to oldest. After clearing the error codes, service diagnostics
shows 88 in the display (on models with a display) or WASH
LED remains on (on models without a display) until diagnostic
is exited or any other mode is activated. Diagnostic mode
can be exited by pressing and holding the 1st key for 5
seconds OR by pressing POWER. After the diagnostic test
has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power cord
and wait for 15 seconds. Then plug in washer or reconnect
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK -- have done that, but continuing to press number 3 (maybe a dozen times now) and each time WASH light flashes, then goes out, then comes back to flashing.

Do I need to keep doing this until light stays on?

Did you pick any three different keys (except POWER)
And push them in a sequence pattern as advised?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Pressed the three in sequence as instructed. Many lights came on, then off. Then did the repeated presses of 3 as instructed.

Wash light would blink, then go out (was waiting for it to stay on, but didn't do that). Now, since waiting for reply, I am getting nothing when pressing 3.

Alright, it seems we need to skip the diagnostic test on the machine, and go for a failed component test since it is not wanting to go into test. I know you stated you are frustrated with the machine, but i can help you with checking it correctly if you have an ohm/volt meter. This would be the only true way to check the parts instead of just guessing at the issue. The issue maybe a faulty water valve, pressure, switch or control board. All three could produce the same results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry -- I do not have a meter.

May i suggest then calling another servicer, but make sure the tech is an authorized servicer for Whirlpool? It will be worth it in the long run and faster. If you can supply me your zipcode, i can refer you with someone than can properly diagnosis it. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean, call another servicer? You mean like a Whirlpool repair person? That is what I was trying to avoid.

I can help you as much as possible, but an ohm/volt meter would be needed. And i am not just trying to refer you to another service tech. But i would recommend it only, because we could be replacing parts for 2 weeks, till this matter is solved, waiting on parts, then install then getting back to me if the part did not correct it with just guessing. Have you tried calling the same company over but ask them to send a senior tech out instead,and free of charge? If it is a reliable company this should not be an issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, thank you. I will try that if necessary.

For now -- whatever we did during the "diagnostics" procedure, it seemed to have awakened the beast. It is now running a cycle, so keeping our fingers crossed it makes it all the way through.

Sometimes it resets the control, so hopefully that happed.
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time