Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

The oven temp is way off, Ive been burning a lot of cakes,

The oven temp is way off, I've been burning a lot of cakes, pies ect. Also I never learned how to use the self cleaning part.

Serial #37314443 Run No. 01 Model D120
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 1 year ago.

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance service tech since 1992.
Let me pull the manual up on it. Be back in a few.

Appliance Parts :

The thermostat would need replacing to solve your temp issues, part# XXXXX
You can purchase it here or do a Google search for best pricing:
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Thermostat/700158/688850
You can replace it by removing you console are and feeding through the tube to go through the oven liner.

The self cleaning part of it can be set by turning and pushing the clean dial in for at least 3 hours.
The set your thermo to clean. Remove all racks in oven to be safe during cleaning.

Let me know before rating if you need anything else:

We work on the honor system here and can't always provide you answers that you like. I would request that you please click on a positive rating so I receive credit for my work. This will not close or prevent you from asking follow up questions.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please clarify "how to replace the thermostat". Your last sentence is Greek to me.. What is a "console" and where is this "tube" you mentioned ? My oven is a drop in-------to remove it will require a man, not 77 year old me. Thanks, XXXXX

This would be something a technician would have to do, i would call a local repair man to replace it. The part you can order in and save some money :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You still have not answered my question-----

"You can replace it by removing you console are and feeding through the tube to go through the oven liner." this is a direct quote from you, can you understand it???????????? Please reply. Thank you.

I do not have the step by step directions. The service manual can't be found on my end. You advised me "to remove it will require a man, not 77 year old me" that is why i advised you to call a local appliance repair man. It would take someone coming out to the home such as a repair man to find the screws located in the (console) where the controls are loctaed to remove and the rear panel of the oven to access the thermo bulb.
I will opt out, and let another technician take a look at it. They may have a service manual on hand.
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is your price on the thermostat for my Jenn Air Oven?

$124.70 from Repairclinic.com is what they are wanting. You can do a Google search though for best pricing using part# 700158.

Thank you