Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

why does my washer cause my waterpipes to vibrate and rattle

why does my washer cause my waterpipes to vibrate and rattle when taking cold water?

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
I would check your inlet hoses filter for debri. Remove the hose off the back of washer and check to see if it is clogged partially.
Drain your air chamber if you hear a loud bang when you turn water on. The noise is known as water hammer and it may mean that water has entered your air chamber. To drain your air chamber, turn off the water at the main water supply valve. Then, open the lowest faucet in your home. You will also want to flush the toilets and turn on the washing machine and dishwasher for a few seconds to ensure that the pipes are drained. Don't forget to turn them off once they have drained. Then, turn the water back on.

Also another choice:
This problem is caused by the water lines not being properly isolated. It can be easily fixed but only if your water lines are accesible. It usually means that either in one or many places your water lines come into contact with the wood of your floor joists. All you need to do is get plastic pipe hangers that go between your water lines and your joists.

• You might need to install an anti-bounce device into plumbing. It has to do with harmonic bounce.

• A water hammer arrester will help solve pipe shudders due to quick closing water valves in your home.