Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

When i touch any of the buttons they are not lighting up to

When i touch any of the buttons they are not lighting up to start the dishwasher

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you open the door and look inside on the side wall and get us the full model number ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this the model # MDB9601AWS

okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay,mmm I'm sure you checked the breaker is that correct ? this doesn't have a switch on the wall does it ? i know that sounds crazy but I don't know how many times I've gone to someones house and found a switch the dishwasher was hooked up to that was off, so I just like to get that out of the way. there are a few things that you need a volt meter to check so this makes it tough. do you know someone with one ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did check the breaker and the outlet that the dishwasher is in is working. The disposal is connected to it as well and it is working. I do not know anyone with a volt meter. What does the volt meter verify?

well I needed you to check power to the control board. In these situations where its not lighting up at all (the controls) you need to see if theres power to the main control board if there is the control has failed. its important to know if power is getting the control itself inside the door.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This seems to be beyond me. Your drawing does not help me. It sounds like I need to bring someone in for this.

yes unfortunately theres no easy solution to this issue. (no buttons to push) in other words its an electrical issue in the machine most likely the control board thats failed. without a volt meter we cant tell. I wish there was a simple solution, sorry. best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had problems with the control pad before. In your opinion how much would that cost to fix or is it even possible? I am wondering if I should put the money towards a new one?

okay I understand, well it could be as simple as a $25.00 door switch assembly or the control board at $128.00 . I don't believe this is a control pad (keypad) issue this time , this should at least light up if it were. so couple the costs I gave you with around $80.00 for a service call low end $130.00 high end $200.00 most likely. its hard to put an exact figure on that. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan