Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Side By Side Model GE GSH25SGPASS. I went on a

I have a GE Side By Side Model GE GSH25SGPASS. I went on a vacation for three days and when I returned, I noticed the meat in the freezer was partially thawed. It has over the past three days completetly thawed. I pulled the unit out and cleaned the round cylinder at the bottom right side as much as I can reach with a tooth brush. It is stiil blowing cool air but not freezing. I also unplugged it for 30 minutes and still just cool air. Both fans are working and when I plug it in I can hear the compressor kick on.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Did you notice any frost on the back panel inside the freezer behind your food ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no frost. Even the ice in the ice maker bucket melted over the past three days

okay , what you need to do is remove the back panel in the freezer and get a look at the evaporator coils, do you think you can do that ? panel # XXXXX on this diagram . we need to know what the frost pattern looks like. are all the coils frosted lightly ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If its removable, I'm sure I can. Looks like from the inside. I will attempt and come back

yes you do it from the inside.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is no frost on the coils at all

Oh.thats not good. okay. are you sure the compressor is starting and running ? can you feel it ? is it vibrating ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. I hear it kick on just like an air conditioner compressor when it kicks in. I also put my hand on it and feel it vibrating.

thats bad unfortunately, it means theres a sealed system problem. Either the freon has leaked out or theres a blockage in the lines. this would need to be checked by an HVAC tech for a leak or blockage. the freon laws are strict and this needs a tap valve installed and be vacuumed down. I hate giving bad news, sorry, its definitely a sealed system issue though. I hope at least this gives you an idea of whats going on. best wishes and thanks, Bryan