Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag MDG6000BWW dryer ...main burner most often doesnt come

Maytag MDG6000BWW dryer ...main burner most often doesn't come on. I cleaned thermal sensor and hot surface ignitor works fine but main gas valve only comes on sometimes. What is best way to trouble shoot the problem?
I checked the voltage to the gas valve and get 120v at the two terminal coil after the thermal sensor closes, but can't figure out how to measure the 3 terminal coil.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

you really wont need to test the coils, they are bad. These get weak so even if you get 120 volts to the coils it doesn't mean they are good. when they get weak they don't draw enough amps to open the valve. its a safety , you can order new coils for $18.30 at the following link. this will take care of your issue. thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just waiting for the part and will install it, then will be able to complete service rating. So far, without knowing if the recommendation was good, the service has been excellent!

okay no problem, thanks and best wishes, Bryan