Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our Sears Elite Model Refrigerator #77573600 is ot working

Our Sears Elite Model Refrigerator #77573600 is ot working properly. It keeps giving us an error message ER FF. There is nothing in the manual on troubleshooting error messages. We have unplugged it and it resets for probably 3 minutes and then just goes back to the error message. Any ideas on what might be going on?
Good morning, the ER-FF is a failed freezer fan. can you open the refrigerator section and look on the side walls or the ceiling for a model number tag and get me the full model number? it will start with a 3 digit prefix like 110,106,665 or some other combo, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay good, give me a few minutes to bring up the model. I'll be back shortly. thanks , Bryan
below is an attachment of a picture of the duct fan , thats what needs to be replaced, its possible that theres frost stopping the fan , sometime removing the fan and spinning the blades by hand will free this up and it would be fine so try that before ordering in. the fan is located behind the rear panel inside the freezer behind your food. it will be in the upper left corner once you get the panel out. if you need to replace the fan heres a link. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Give us just a couple of minutes. We just want to make sure we can locate the fan. I will let you know shortly. Thanks.
okay no problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Any ideas on how to accesss the fan? We took out the 3 screws that are visible but it is a one piece molded back. Do you have to take the drawer & drawer slide out? Just having problems getting it apart.
I have attached a diagram to help you below. the fan is number 407A on the diagram. the panel is number 332C You may need to remove the drawer and side rails. these can be a pain sorry.