Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a 2005 Frigidaire electrolux slide/drop in stove. door

Have a 2005 Frigidaire electrolux slide/drop in stove. door stopped locking within 2 years of purchase so unable to use the clean feature. I can deal with that but when cleaning the oven accidentally turned the latch. Now oven says it is locked and the oven will not turn on. Any suggestions before I throw it out. Model PLES389DCC serial NF40806558

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

how do you mean you accidentally turned the latch ?is the latch in the locked position with the door open ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was, However i tried to turn it and it did turn I can now close the door but it still says it is locked

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was. However I was able to turn the latch and close the door and now it still says it is locked

okay the door lock switch is engaged, that is very difficult to get to. do you have any tools and would be able to move the stove out to get to the back ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can not do it myself. Can ask my son later. Is it difficult to get to?

its not to bad once you get the stove move out so you can get to the back .I'll be here most of the day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Will get back later

okay, talk then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does the part need to be replaced or can it be bypassed?