Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300, Model MEDB400VQ0,

I have a Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300, Model MEDB400VQ0, Ser MW4404698 that will not start. When you press the start button there is a clicking sound but the dryer itself will not turn or produce heat. What is strange is the timer on dryer will countdown as if it was running.

The dryer is from 2008

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a multimeter ? (voltmeter)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not but could get one if inexpensive
you can get one at Lowe's or a hardware store for around $15.00. you don't need an expensive one.if you get one come back and we can continue. you need to check the thermal fuse which I think is your issue. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do - heading to home depot this morning - ill be in touch
okay talk then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok - I have a voltage tester now
okay great sorry I was off for a break. you need to test remove the back panel and look for the thermal fuse, unplug the dryer of course. let heres a video on how to test it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looks like this was the issue (however on the Maytag, you pretty much have to take the whole dryer apart to get to the fuse). Tested without a current going through.

Thank you!