Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi. I just purchased a new kenmore dishwasher

Hi. I just purchased a new kenmore dishwasher (model 665.13293k114) and I can't get the 90 deg water inlet fitting to seal where the hose coupling connects to the plastic inlet assy. I bought the installation kit from sears and also tried one from lowes along with a variety of washers and can't get anything to seal. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem

is this the valve ? Water Inlet Valve W10195047 Main Product Viewwhat the number of the kit you bought from Sear's ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, that is the valve.

The kit is number 11000

okay are you using a rubber seal in the kit ? its the same one you use on a water hose outside. are you using one ?

like this one ? graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, like that one.

mmm okay and the water is comming out past that rubber? did you cross thread this by chance ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. threads are fine. At first I hand tightened then added 1/4 turn like the instructions said. When that didn't work I tightened it more but that only made it worse.

oh wow, the only thing I can think of is the valve is faulty. I've never had one do that unless it was cross threaded.are you using teflon tape on that threads on this ? if so remove it all, this can stop the connector from fully screwing up tight. is that the case ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

At first no, then I added some but no change.

well the only thing i can think of is a faulty valve then, not seating correctly. if this is new and its not cross threaded they should replace the valve under warranty. I wish I had better news but these tighten just like a garden hose does, theres no reason it wouldn't. its possible the valve has a hairline crack in it.(you cant see) I don't know of anything else. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX trying.

Rich

okay Rich. make sure the threads are completely clean of all tape. and the rubber is seated tightly in the brass fitting , push it down tight with a flat head screwdriver. thats all i can think of. well wishes, Bryan