Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

the model is 5898VRV The F1 code comes on every 10 minutes

the model is 5898VRV
The F1 code comes on every 10 minutes with a constant beaping sound. I changed the Circuit board. Kept making same beaping noise. Returned the Circuit board. And replaced oven sensor. Same noise returned. What is the next step?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

okay this F1 comes up all by itself when your not even touching it correct ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

okay you have a shorted keypad. since you replaced the board already and that didn't work the problem is the touchpad/keypad . heres the error code. you can do the test but I'm sure thats it, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

F1 1. Watchdog on board
2. Touch membrane defective
To determine which component is at fault, disconnect ribbon strip. If NO fault code, replace membrane, otherwise replace board
I see this question is still open and was wondering if you need more help? If not please rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you.if you need more help please ask, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan. I ordered a new touchpad and when I get it, I'll install It. See if the problem is solved.
Thanks

XXXXX XXXXX

P. S. If that solves my problem, what is the next step?

Okay Brad, thanks and best wishes for a happy Holiday season .If that works and I'm pretty confident it will you can rate me 3 or above with the rating system, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just as soon as I get the touchpad and install it, I'll give you and your information a score. I can't and won't do anything until we have the new part. I have no problem giving you the highest rating if this eliminates my drop in range problem. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well

Be in touch soon

XXXXX XXXXX

6799 E. Highway 12

Lodi, California 95240

XXX-XXX-XXXX cell

No problem Brad, have a great thanksgiving ! sincerely, Bryan