Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I have a Bosch Dishwasher SHV46c. The regular run cycle is

I have a Bosch Dishwasher SHV46c. The regular run cycle is taking several hours - up to 6 sometimes with clean dishes inside. I cleaned the screens in the bottom which were filthy but the problem continues.
Tim

Robert :

Hello Tim.

Robert :

If the screens in the bottom of the unit were filthy then I would recommend running the unit with a cup full of white cooking vinegar in it a couple of times to clean the sensor in the unit off. This will help it to read correctly and should correct the issue with the cycle running too long.

Robert :

Just start the dishwasher and let it fill with water. Open the door and add the white vinegar directly to the water. Run it on a regular cycle with any heat boost options you may have.

Customer:

ok, thanks I will try that. How do I contact you if this does not fix the problem.

Robert :

You can come back to this question if you have any other problems. Just make sure you do it 2 times in a row to clear it out. Afterwards you will want to do this once a month.

Robert :

Just for maintenance.

Robert :

The white vinegar will also remove water/soap scum stains from any dishes that have been stained.

Customer:

ok thanks

Robert :

Do you have any other questions for me?

Customer:

no Thanks

Robert :

You're welcome.