Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

dishwasher model KUD S301VBL3 TOP RACK NOT WASHING DISHES WHAT

Customer Question

dishwasher model KUD S301VBL3 TOP RACK NOT WASHING DISHES WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you start a load and let it fill then open the door and tell me how much water in inches is in the bottom ? does it reach the heater ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There was about an inch and a half and yes it does reach the heater.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, can you recheck the model number its not comming up. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

KUDS30IVBL3

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its a I not a 1

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay perfect. now do you know if the top pray arm is moving at all ? can you set it in one spot and then run this for a minute to see if it moves? just open the door and see if its in a different position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just tried it for about 8 minutes and it did not move

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, that means the circulation pump is weak and failing. you need to replace the pump. the water levels are good but the water pressure from the pump is weak and not pushing enough water to reach the top spray arm. heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Circulation-Pump-Motor/W10239404/1548518?modelNumber=KUDS30IVBL3 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian

Finally was able to install the circulator pump (yes my husband sat on this for all this time ) as was suggested but that unfortunately it has not solved the problem I was having with my dishwasher top portion not working.

I don't want to complain or respond to Not satisfied with your expert link but probably need an additional diagnosis of this problem and hopefully if it turns out not to be anything to do with the pump I purchased for$ 149, hopefully I will be able to receive a refund.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that didn't work. yes you will get a refund if you purchased that at the link I gave you. strange how the water level seems to be high enough and the pump was changed and it still wont wash the top. were you able to get a look at the tubing running up the back of the dish washer to make sure it wasn't clogged ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Bryan. He will check that tubing and I'll let you know....

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, I'm very sorry that didn't work (the pump) have your husband check all the tubes and connectors marked with red arrows on this diagram I made for you. make sure they are clear and connected and no parts are missing, these bring the water to the top spray arm assembly.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here