Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my washing machine fills up and then stops. It does not go

my washing machine fills up and then stops. It does not go on to next cycle. Often, when I kick the machine it continues.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay. Give me a minute ... I'm not sure if this is it. But the number on the underside of the lid is

SM(NNN) NNN-NNNNRev. A

okay that number is XXXXX up a dryer ? thats weird, your looking at the tag under the lid ? in the back middle under the lid? is there a 3 number prefix like 110.106.665 or some other combo ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just looked. It is the washing machine and the number is XXXXX the upper right hand corner on the underside of the lid.

okay I cant bring that number up. are there any other numbers on that tag ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll have to drag the machine out and look behind it. I'll try that now. It's a very narrow space, so it may take a minute

okay . how old is this ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm looking at the back now. At top left corner are a bunch of numbers. part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

10-15 years old. Part number on upper left corner in back is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

okay I was able to backtrack that part number and bring up a model. your problem is the lid switch. # XXXXX on this diagram. you need to replace it. heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/8318084/1018522 hope this helps, thanks for hanging in there. wells wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Bryan. Just to clarify and for future reference. The part number on the back, is that a model number or what?

well I tracked the part number you gave me and reversed it to find the models that it fit. theres a list of about 10 machines. heres a model number you can use . LSQ9659PW2 yours should be almost the same number so if you find a similar number on you machine that would be the model number.