Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

LG model WM0532HW front loader died in middle of cycle with

LG model WM0532HW front loader died in middle of cycle with tub full of water. No lights on control panel, but power is going into control PCB.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, so obviously you have a meter to test for voltage correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm an electrical engineer and have worked on all sorts of equipment. Have all electrical measurement tools.

Okay, I hope I don't insult you with this but did you already check for voltage through the noise filter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Voltage measurement made on the potted PCB at connector coming from noise filter. Voltage also measured on display PCB power switch.

Okay, just wanted to make sure on the noise filter since it is common for the power fuse on the filter to go bad. One last question, on the main control board there is the red power wires that go the display board, have you measured for voltage coming out of the main control board going to the front display board?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Measured 119 VAC btw red - black
43 VAC btw red - yellow

0 vac btw blk - yellow

Okay, you need to replace the display power board. This board also contains the actual switches. I am sending you a pic of the board you need to replace. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-and-Display-Board/6871EC2025D/1359845

User Control and Display Board 6871EC2025D     Main Product View